Please contact Doug Utley at First Covenant, Fort Dodge for transportation information. Bus picks up in Fort Dodge; Stops at The Boondocks on I-35; Stops at Cov. church in Des Moines
• In Fort Dodge bus picks up Fort Dodge; Albert City; Pomeroy; Harcourt; Lanyon; and Carroll
• At Boondocks bus picks up Mason City Cov Church
• In Des Moines bus picks up Des Moines church(es) and Centerville Cov Churches.
Please contact Will Howell at First Covenant Omaha for transportation information.
• Pick up is in Omaha at First Cov
• Iowa Churches: Sioux City, IA; Sloan, IA; Red Oak, IA; Stanton, IA; Essex, IA
• Nebraska Churches: ALL NE CHURCHES will meet in Omaha
KANSAS CITY AREA
Please contact Tom Greenwald at Community Covenant, Lenexa for transportation information.
• The cost for all the Kansas Churches will be $150 per person. Contact your state rep for costs for your region.
Please contact David Gass at First Covenant in Salina or Jim Eaton at Countryside Covenant in McPherson.
• Pick up at Community Covenant Church in KC – Topeka; Osage City; and ALL Other KCK and KCMO AREA Covenant Churches
• Pick up at Hillcrest Covenant Church in KC (Pick up for Hillcrest and 2 connected churches)
• Pick up is in Salnia at First Cov: Salina; Clay Center; Leonardville; Clyde; and Courtland
• Pick up throughout Smoky Valley: El Dorado; Wichita; Halstead; McPherson; Lindsborg; and Savonburg.
• Still working on a plan for Dresden; Oberlin; and Herndon (They could possibly meet up on I-70 at Colby with a bus from CO that has room?)
• The cost for all the Kansas churches will be $150 per person. Contact your state rep for costs for your region.
Please contact Jim Eaton for transportation information.
Still working on a plan for Springfield and Carthage.
Please contact Randy McNeal for transportation information.
• Block out seats early. Up to eleven months before your travel date you can “block out” seats without giving names or a deposit. Generally this will give you the best price as well as allow you to fly in and out of the Knoxville airport, which is very small.
• Many have had success soliciting donations of air miles from their congregation. This could be a great way to save money. Be aware, though, that you may have to send small groups on several different airlines, which can get complicated.
• Get help! Ask parents or others in your congregation to call the airlines, get quotes, and put together possible itineraries. Don’t make CHIC travel your full-time job!
• If you are going to CHIC for the first time consider partnering with someone who has been before. Our CHIC Liaison team would be glad to help you out in any way.