We currently have a team of three people working with us on our transportation team:
• Cheryl Theilen- Northwest Conference Staff – (612) 721-4893
• Jon Kramka- Northwest Conference Staff – (612) 721-4893
• Brian Alnes- Director of Lake Beauty Bible Camp – (320) 219-3199
Brian is serving as our main lead, and primarily serves as our transportation coordinator. He is in contact with Richfield Bus Company and has worked with this company for many of our past CHIC events, coordinating bussing for the NW Conference. Cheryl and Jon are serving as our administrative support team and will be taking care of the documentation (registration forms, etc.) that will be sent out to our conference churches no later than Sept 2011.
At this point we are anticipating a price point between $180-$200 for conference transportation. We will have a definitive price by no later than Sept 2011. We are anticipating a price in the coming weeks and we will contact you when we have the fine print. It is hard to determine a price at this point because of the cost of fuel, but we feel that the range we have suggested is a close approximation. We will be sending out final documentation and forms to our conference churches at the beginning of September.
• Block out seats early. Up to eleven months before your travel date you can “block out” seats without giving names or a deposit. Generally this will give you the best price as well as allow you to fly in and out of the Knoxville airport, which is very small.
• Many have had success soliciting donations of air miles from their congregation. This could be a great way to save money. Be aware, though, that you may have to send small groups on several different airlines, which can get complicated.
• Get help! Ask parents or others in your congregation to call the airlines, get quotes, and put together possible itineraries. Don’t make CHIC travel your full-time job!
• If you are going to CHIC for the first time consider partnering with someone who has been before. Our CHIC Liaison team would be glad to help you out in any way.